No, this isn't another Michael Moore movie about corporate greed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wanted to separate this post from the other threads. I have had a LOT of emails as well as a few phone calls from all kinds of people regarding my conversation with Kodak. So many, in fact, that I must take this opportunity to ask everyone politely to stop. It is VERY flattering that so many put so much faith in me but, honestly, I am just a messenger here. I have no special pull with The Great Yellow Father but, because some seem to think I'm in a unique position of "power", some of the messages I'm getting range from the bizarre to rather heated in nature. For the most part, everyone seems to agree with me and the approach I took. There are a few malcontents that have written me claiming that I will ruin super 8 for everyone and that I should leave well enough alone. Obviously, I can't please everyone so, as the old song says.....

Anyway, know that I do realize I am in a unique position here and will try to handle it as best as I can. But, really, I have to work and the calls and emails are getting a little bit much. On the one hand, it heartens me to see so many people that care about our little format. On the other hand, the degree to which some people are putting their faith/blame in me is getting uncomfortable.

So, know that MY opinions about future stocks are no different than YOUR opinions. What I mean by that is nothing I say will really make any difference. I gave Kodak a list of viable options as I saw them. In the cold, calculating world of corporate bean counting, I think we'll be lucky to get a new 200' cart, new packaging or a new emulsion. In my wildest dreams only would we get more than one of these so, while I do believe that the fine ladies from Kodak are sincere in wanting to help, the final call of course is above them, in lofty offices where endless golden reels of grainless Kodachrome ASA 3000 sound striped stock rest in vaulted, satin lined cradles, awaiting the "go" order from marketing to blow miniDV out of the water and re-establish super 8 as the king of the hill.

Just kidding, of course. But you see my point. LOTS of things would be nice to see in super 8 but we have to be practical and that is the line I have followed. For the minority that feels I haven't represented their needs or feelings, well, sorry. I'm doing my best and Kodak's number is in the book if you feel the need to stir things up a bit.

But I really don't think a barrage of manic phone calls from a disorganized group is going to do much to sway the powers that be at Eastman. In fact, I think the reason that I got the response I did is the way my argument was logically laid out and the fact that I went in with a 2000 signature petition courtesy of Andreas Anderson's forum to back up my position that people were serious about Super 8.

So, ultimately, there's lots of high fives and butt-slappin for everyone, here, because my meeting would have meant nothing if people like YOU weren't already showing support for super 8 by buying and using the product. If something good comes of it, then feel proud that all of you were a part of this. But, if nothing happens, please don't shoot out my porch light once a year. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I promise to follow this through and do the best that I can but, please, no more emails and phone calls. Thanks.

Roger